Saturday 15 August 2015

Wedding day and a trip to London

Well it's been a busy few weekends for me this July/August. Firstly i went to my friend Heathers wedding to her partner Laura on the 25th July. It was over in the Peak District at a hotel called The Maynard. Just 20 minutes away from Sheffield!!! I had such a brilliant time at the wedding but was so tired the day after. Let's give you an insight into that day. I had to set off at 10:45/11am to get to the venue. And my brilliant brother volunteered to take me and pick me up. I was up at 7:30am to have my hair done by the hairdresser. Then i had to go and collect my flower from the florist. By this time it was 9:00am and i thought before i get dressed into my outfit i will have a bacon butty and a rest so I don't get to over-tired. So there i am sitting on my bed with my feet up and resting, then my mum comes to me and says "it's nearly 10:00am are you not getting dressed??". So i shot up off my bed and got washed and dressed and into my new dress. Being careful not to reck my lovely hair-do. I applied my make-up and spritzed myself with perfume and all ready for 10:45am. Not forgetting all my tablets that I would need for that day. Gosh so many things to remember when we are living with PH. Anyway we had a good run out through the Peak District to get to the venue this consisted of going on all the motorways, along the Snake Pass and into the little village called Grindleford, which was were the wedding venue was. It was a beautiful hotel and also the weather was good to. A little cool when the sun went behind the clouds. The wedding began at 1:30pm and i sat with two of my friends Paul and Leigh. My other two friends Carolyne and Chris where Heathers bridesmaids. They walked down the aisle and looked beautiful. Then in came Heather and Laura and they both looked gorgeous. It was a lovely ceremony and i very nearly cried!!!! I'm a bit of a softie!! After the ceremony we went into the hotel gardens and waited around for photographs and we had pimms and canapes. There was some lovely food-to many to mention. It was about 3:30/4pm when the wedding breakfast was served and i was getting a little tired and my feet where starting to hurt-after all i did have heels on!!! So I quickly changed into my flip-flops for comfort. The wedding breakfast was lovely and i was stuffed afterwards. We had champagne for the speeches which where done by Carolyne and Chris for Heather. And then it was Laura's bridesmaids-can't remember their names. I thought Carolyne and Chris's speech was better!!! Then after the meal we all went back down into the bar whilst the ceremony room was transformed into the evening do. By this time i was beginning for feel tired and just wanted to fall asleep. I waited till the cake was cut and the first dance was over and then i phoned my brother for a lift back home. I left the wedding about 10pm I couldn't go on anymore i was that tired. But all in all i had such a fantastic time. 



The second of my weekends was spent in London with my mum and dad. They treated me to a show- my all time favourite The Phantom of The Opera. The whole weekend was for me having to put up with everything i have been through in the last 12 months. Anyway it was another early start to one of my weekends. We set off from Preston train station on the 8th August, down to Euston. We stayed in a lovely hotel-Double Tree by Hilton which was a 5 minute walk away from Euston station. In my terms it would have been half an hour!!!! We arrived at the hotel and went straight to the room for a rest. I thought i will just have half an hours sleep to recuperate. Next thing i came to and my dad was saying "are you alright, you have been asleep for at least an hour". Gosh i must have needed that rest as it didn't feel like an hour. I got up and refreshed myself then we went out and caught one of the hop on hop off buses to do a bit of sight seeing. We got caught up in and ISIS demonstration on Regent St, which made us a bit late for getting back to the hotel for tea and getting changed ready for the theatre. We had a lovely meal in the hotel, i had butternut squash ravioli. It was delicious, I couldn't finish it as it was huge!!! We then set of to find a taxi that would take us to Her Majesty's Theatre in theatre land. Well what a performance of Phantom, it was excellent. I could go and see it again and not get bored with it. If you haven't already seen it I would highly recommend going to see it. We got back to the hotel about 11:30 and decided to have a drink in the bar. Then we made our way back up to the room for a good nights sleep. We got up the next morning about 9:00/9:15am to have breakfast. The breakfast was just as good as the meal we had. You could choose to have continental style or have a full English breakfast. I choose to have some fruit first then had a cooked breakfast. Theory being I wouldn't get hungry during the morning. We went back to the room, packed our bags and left our bags with the hotel until we needed to come back for the train. We set off out again into London. We got on another hop on hop off bus to go to the Tower of London. My dad went in search of a wheelchair for me as it would have been to much walking for me to manage. The only downside to that was I couldn't see all of the tower. When i've had my transplant i am going back!!! It was a fab day out and i got to see the crown jewels. They are stunning and so sparkly. After we had been in the tower we went to the gift shop. My brother wanted a beefeater bear!!! We then went on a river boat cruise along the Thames and again got to see some of the lovely historical places in London. It was a very hot day and i was getting tired and started feeling sick after the boat cruise. So we got back on the bus and stopped off at Harrods where we used the toilets and bought a drink to refresh ourselves. That's another place i will be going to once i've had my transplant. So i can walk around all the departments. It took us a long time to get back to the hotel as the bus went all the way round London nearly. We decided to get off at Oxford Circus and get a taxi back to the hotel to collect our bags, as we were running out of time to get to the train station on time for the train. We had about 30/45 minutes to wait at the hotel so we had a brew whilst we waited to catch the train. We got to Euston train station and had to wait in the departure lounge as my dad had booked assistance for me as the platforms at Euston are very long and I would have struggled walking along them. We got on the train and said our goodbyes to London. I had a fantastic time and will be back in the near future for another weekend of fun. Thanks to my mum and dad for the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment